- Sift the flour, baking powder, and Matcha together and set aside.
- Begin pre-heating your oven to 350 degrees.
- Allow the butter to come to room temperature and stir it until it is smooth and creamy.
- Whisk the sugar into the butter until it is well incorporated and the whole mixture takes on a white color.
- Beat the egg and add it in little by little until it is well incorporated.
- Add the milk into the sifted dry ingredients, mix gently, and then add the butter and sugar.
- Tranfer the batter to a piping bag.
- Using a donut mold (or any circular mold you like), place 3-4 azuki beans into each mold and then pipe the batter over them.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes, lower the temperature to 325 degrees, and bake for approximately 5 more minutes.
Note: While this recipe calls for rice flour, you can substitute all purpose or cake flour instead. Please be aware that changing the flour will slightly alter the finished product.
The Matcha used in this recipe is available in:
Aiya Cooking Grade Matcha
Aiya Organic Cooking Grade Matcha