- Lightly grease your madeleine mold with some butter and then dust with some flour. Set aside.
- Sift the Matcha, flour, and baking powder together and set them aside. Make sure they are blended well.
- Melt the butter and set it aside to cool.
- Using an electric hand mixer, beat the eggs with the sugar and salt in a bowl until they turn white and increase to at least three times their original volume. When you lift the beaters from the eggs, they should fall away in ribbons.
- Fold the sifted dry ingredients in a little at a time with a plastic spatula. Be careful not to over fold and deflate the mixture.
- Fold in the melted butter a little at a time until it is well incoporated.
- Fill each mold approximately 80 percent full and bake for 12 to 13 minutes in a 350 degree oven until they start to turn a nice, slightly brown color.
- Remove madeleines from their molds while they are still hot and place on a rack to completely cool.
- Chop the chocolate and place it into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on 50% strength in 30 second to 1 minute increments, stirring well in between. Continue until completely smooth. Be careful not to overheat the chocolate and make it seize up.
- Dip each madeleine in as much chocolate as you desire and serve.
Tip: For this recipe, it is very important to make sure that the Matcha is sifted well into the flour and that the eggs are beaten well.
Note: If you do not want to use the microwave to melt your chocolate, you can use the double boiler method instead.
The Matcha used in this recipe is available in:
Aiya Cooking Grade Matcha
Aiya Organic Cooking Grade Matcha