- Sift all the dry ingredients except for the yeast together and set aside.
- Add the yeast to the sifted ingredients and mix well.
- Add the lukewarm water and olive oil and knead together until it forms a smooth dough.
- Lightly coat a bowl with vegetable oil, form the dough into a ball, place in the bowl, and cover. All the dough to rise until it is about 3 times its size.
- Mince the garlic and chop the onion and then saute in a pot with the olive oil.
- Boil some water in a separate pot and make X-shaped slices into the top and bottom of the tomatoes.
- Lightly boil the tomatoes until the skin begin to wrinkle.
- Transfer to an ice bath to cool them and then carefully peel away the skin of the tomatoes. Chop them.
- Add the tomatoes to the onions and garlic and then pour in the soup. Simmer together.
- Split the pizza dough into two and roll each out into a circle to your desired thickness.
- Put sauce, mozzarella, basil, anchovies, and whatever toppings you want on your pizza.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for approximately 10 minutes.
Tip: Bread dough isn’t too temperamental so you don’t need to worry too much about how long you let it rise.
The Matcha used in this recipe is available in:
Aiya Cooking Grade Matcha
Aiya Organic Cooking Grade Matcha