Matcha Cake with Red Bean
Beyond the outer Green Tea Pocky layer is lightly sweetened red bean paste sandwiched between two layers of buttery Matcha cake.
Makes one two-layer 6-inch cake.
An original recipe prepared for us by Constellation Inspiration.
- 3/4 cup 2 tablespoon unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/2 tablespoon Aiya Cooking Grade Matcha
- 200 ml milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sweetened red bean paste, store-bought or homemade
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 packets of Matcha Pocky or any matcha biscuit sticks