- Sift the matcha, baking powder, and flour together.
- Allow the butter to come to room temperature and stir until creamy. Fold a portion of the sugar (about 1/3) into the butter. Repeat until all the sugar is incorporated and smooth.
- Beat the egg and mix in.
- Fold in the sifted ingredients.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and allow to rest.
- Roll small balls of dough in between your hands, place on a cookie sheet, and lightly flaten.
- Pre-heat the oven to 340 F. Place the cookie sheet in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Lower the oven temperature to 300 F and bake for about 10 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven, place on a rack to cool, and enjoy their crunchy texture!
Note: The cookie dough is sticky so if you prefer you can portion it out to the cookie sheet with a medium sized spoon instead of handling it directly.
Note: Although this recipe calls for rice flour, all-purpose flour can be substituted but may result in a different finished product.
The Matcha used in this recipe is available in:
Aiya Cooking Grade Matcha
Aiya Organic Cooking Grade Matcha