Matcha Cream Shortbread Cookies
Gluten-free and vegan, these shortbread cookies are filled with a creamy, earthy Matcha filling.
Makes 10 cookies.
An original recipe prepared for us by Marie Reginato.
For the Shortbread Cookies:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder or extract
- dash of cinnamon
- 3-4 tablespoons water
- pinch of sea salt
For the Matcha-Cream Filling:
- 1 & 1/2 cups cashews, soaked overnight or at least 4 hours, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup medjool dates, pitted
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 6 tablesppons coconut oil, melted
- 2 big tablespoons cashew butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 & 1/2 – 2 teaspoons Aiya Cooking Grade Matcha