- Using thick paper, cut out a 2" - 2.5" circle. Also prepare about 20 fortunes to place inside the cookies.
- Add the granulated sugar and egg whites to a bowl and beat together until they turn white. Add the butter in little by little, constantly mixing.
- Sift the flour and matcha together and add to the egg whites.
- Spoon the dough onto a baking sheet and spread it into a circle. Use the paper circle you cut out as a guide for size and shape.
- Pre-heat the oven to between 330 and 340 F. Place the cookie in the oven and bake for approximately 3 minutes or until the edges of the cookie just start to change color.
- While the cookie is still hot, place a fortune in the center of the cookie and shape the cookie around the fortune. Make sure to leave space in the middle and not to press the cookie against itself. Let cool.
Note: These cookies are finished by hand while still hot so don't bake them all at once. Also, be careful not to burn yourself!
The Matcha used in this recipe is available in:
Aiya Cooking Grade Matcha
Aiya Organic Cooking Grade Matcha