- Cut the French bread into 1/2 inch thick slices. (If using a pre-cut loaf of bread, you can use the slices as they are.)
- Add a little milk (approximately 2~3 tablespoons) to the Matcha first, making it into a smooth paste with no lumps. Then add the Matcha milk paste back into the rest of the milk, mixing well.
- Beat the eggs well, mix the milk into them, and mix in the sugar.
- Dredge the bread into the egg mixture, coating each side well.
- Melt the butter and oil together in a frying pan and add the soaked bread slices. Cook each side until browned.
- Arrange slices on a plate with any fruit you like.
- Mix the Matcha and powdered sugar for garnish together and dust the toast with them before serving.
Tip: While the recipe calls for French bread specifically, you can use any bread you have on hand - sliced bread, supermarket bread, or anything else works fine. In fact, stale or slightly stale bread makes the best French Toast!
The Matcha used in this recipe is available in:
Aiya Cooking Grade Matcha
Aiya Organic Cooking Grade Matcha