Pre-Sweetened Matcha Latte:
- Add 1 tablespoon of Aiya Matcha Zen Café Blend (or 1 Matcha Zen Café Blend Stick) to 6 ounces of hot or warm milk (either dairy or non dairy).
- Stir until incorporated, and use an electric hand frother to create foam.
- If you have a steamer, you can also steam together 4-5 oz of cold milk or alt milk until the desired temperature - the drink should be hot to the touch but not too hot that you burn yourself. Pour into a mug and enjoy!
Unsweetened Matcha Latte:
- Sift 1/2 teaspoon of Aiya Cooking Grade Matcha into an 8 ounce latte mug.
- Mix a small amount of hot water (approximately 1 tablespoon) into the Matcha using the back of a spoon or a Matcha whisk, making a smooth paste without any lumps.
- Add 6 oz of warm or hot milk (dairy or non dairy) and mix until incorporated. Use an electric hand frother to create foam.
- If you have a steamer, you can steam together 4-5 ounces of cold milk or alt milk until the desired temperature, add to the Matcha paste, and serve.
- Add sweetener to taste (if desired).
- Sip and enjoy!
Note: You can make flavor variations of the sweetened recipe with our Aiya Black Tea Zen Café Blend or Aiya Rooibos Zen Café Blend products. Simply use the preferred flavor instead of Matcha.
The Matcha products that can be used in these recipes include:
Aiya Matcha Zen Café Blend (12 sticks / box)
Aiya Matcha Zen Café Blend (1kg bag)
Aiya Cooking Grade Matcha
Aiya Organic Cooking Grade Matcha