- Sift the flour and salt together in a bowl. Blanch the shrimp and remove their shells. Blanch scallops also and cut them into quarters.
- Dissolve the Matcha in water. Add the Matcha, olive oil, and egg to the sifted dry ingredients and mix. Once they are incorporated, knead the dough until it is smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for at least one hour.
- After the dough has sufficiently rested, either use a pasta machine or a rolling pin to roll it out nice and thin. Cut into long strands of pasta.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add a liberal amount of salt. Place the pasta in the water and cook until it is done - about 2 to 3 minutes. Once it is finished, quickly rinse the pasta to remove any excess starch,
- Add the Italian dressing to the pasta until nicely coated.
- To serve, place some endive on a plate and then lay some pasta down on top of that. Top with some of the shrimp and scallops. If you like, put some mayonnaise on as well.
Note: Although the recipe calls for dissolving the Matcha in water first, you can also sift it in with the flour and make it that way too!
The Matcha used in this recipe is available in:
Aiya Cooking Grade Matcha
Aiya Organic Cooking Grade Matcha