Mini Matcha Apple Pies
Made with Aiya's Cooking Grade Matcha, these Mini Matcha Apple Pies are flaky, buttery, and sweet on the inside.
Makes 20-24 mini pies.
An original recipe found on the blog.
- 2.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2.5 -3 Tbsp Aiya Cooking Grade Matcha
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 2 sticks + 1 Tbsp butter, cubed (very cold)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk or alt-milk (very cold)
- 3 granny smith apples, diced into tiny squares
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-2 - 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp water
- 1-2 Tbsp sugar (large grain)