Vegan Matcha Pancakes
Wake up to these stacks of hot, fluffy vegan Matcha pancakes drizzled with a sweet plum compote with a hint of warm ginger.
Makes 12-14 small pancakes.
An original recipe prepared for us The Green Life.
Ginger Plum Compote
- 1 lb (500g) ripe plums, pitted and sliced (about 2-3 large plums or 7-8 small)
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger
- 1-2 Tbsp maple syrup (depending on sweetness of your plums)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Pinch of cinnamon
- ¾ cup oat flour
- ¾ cup spelt flour
- 2 tsp Aiya Cooking Grade Matcha
- 1 Tbsp freshly ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 ¼ cup almond milk
- ½ ripe banana
- A small handful spinach (optional - add for a greener color)
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract